Frasers Property UK is a Business Unit within Frasers Property Limited, a Singapore-based multinational Group that owns, develops, and manages a diverse and integrated property portfolio. We have a focus on the development of residential and commercial properties and own and manage commercial and residential assets across the United Kingdom. We deliver environments that strengthen the connection between people and the places they live, work and visit, and providing a great customer experience is at the heart of what we do.
Our overarching Health and Safety Policy is “to provide, across all the properties and activities we control, safe and healthy work environments and work tasks designed and managed to prevent workrelated injury and ill health.” In achieving our Health and Safety Policy, we routinely identify, manage and control the full range of health and safety risks that arise from what we do. Protecting and supporting our employees is an integral part of our business objectives.
The potentially significant impacts on human health presented by the Covid-19 virus are a newlyemerged risk, and so we have introduced, as an extension to our existing health and safety management processes, new controls towards protecting our employees, the customers that purchase and occupy the properties that we develop and manage, and the contractors, consultants and suppliers that support us.
In managing Covid-19 safety, we will take all reasonable steps to prevent transmission of the virus. We will, wherever appropriate, follow guidelines published by the UK Government and the devolved administrations, the UK Health and Safety Executive, and relevant employment, trade and industry bodies. We expect our Property Managers and our other business partners to follow equally detailed, responsible approaches in preventing Covid-19 infection and transmission within their activities.
We also commit, so far as is reasonably practicable, to:
• supporting our employees’ productivity and wellbeing through introducing agile working, including working at home, and providing them with information on safe attendance at our premises
• supporting our employees in self-isolation and recovery should they become infected, and those who need to shield due to vulnerability
• undertaking Covid-19 Risk Assessments for the premises and activities we control and appropriately sharing the risk and control information that these assessments identify
• supporting our Property Managers in managing, maintaining and upgrading our indoor environments and associated plant and equipment to be Covid-secure at least in line with manufacturers recommendations, whilst seeking to enhance these standards where doing so supports the achievement of sound social distancing, effective cleaning/disinfecting regimes and the level of fresh air makeup within air conditioning systems
• guiding the residents and tenants of the buildings we manage on the arrangements we introduce to reduce their risk of infection, and on the actions they need to take in helping to prevent transmission of the Covid-19 virus should they become infected
• making sure that our construction sites are controlled in line with guidance issued by the Construction Leadership Council, the Construction Industry Training Board and others
• supporting our project teams and designers in implementing innovative and enhanced design and technology solutions within our properties and projects that will increase our ongoing resilience to Covid-19 and to any future epidemic or pandemic infections
• regularly monitoring the level of compliance with our Covid-19 security measures across all our activities and reporting our performance alongside our other routine health and safety measures
Ilaria del Beato
Chief Executive Officer
Frasers Property (UK) Ltd